Today Jesse Marsh introduces us to some unusual and creative ways to use hairspray. Enter Jesse:
Listen up ladies, and gents! You’ve all used hairspray. It’s ok to admit it. And while hairspray works wonders for your hair, it also works wonders for great things that you probably have no idea about. Let me enlighten you with what can be done with hairspray. If you don’t believe me, try some of these things.
1. Removes pet hair. I have the most adorable little kitty. It has the biggest blue eyes and I love to snuggle with it. One of the things that I don’t love is the hair. My kitty sheds like there is not tomorrow. One thing hairspray is good for is for removing pet hair. Spray a small amount on a tissue and run if over your shirt―it will get off the hairs fast.
2. Sealant. Yes, hair spray is good for sealing your hair, but what about other things? If you are into art and you want to preserve your masterpieces, hairspray is the way to do it! This is especially good if you don’t want your charcoal, pencil, or crayon drawings to smear.
3. Insect repellant. You got that right! Hair spray is a good way to get rid of the bugs―and I don’t mean the guys hitting on you. If you’ve got a problem with bugs, the next time that one comes near you, don’t be afraid to use your spray!
4. No more static. With winter upon us, static is all around. Not with hairspray! If you spray the stuff with static, you will be able to get rid of. Just don’t spray too much!
5. Defending yourself. Carrying around hairspray isn’t just good for fast touchups, it’s good for protecting yourself! If you get threatened, or even attacked, you can aim your spray bottle at the attacker. This will stop them dead in their tracks. It will give you time to get away!
6. Flame thrower. Don’t try this at home kiddies! If you want to dazzle your friends, and you are feeling a little adventurous, get your hairspray and a lighter. Spray the hairspray into the flame, and you’ve got yourself a flamethrower.
7. Needle threader. If you are into sewing, here’s a trick that can help you out. One of the most annoying things about sewing is getting the needle in the thread. You can spray a little bit of hairspray on the thread that you are trying to get in the needle, and you can get it through super easily.
8. Dry shampoo. This is a great way to use hairspray. If you get up late and don’t have time to take a shower, spray some hairspray on your hair and you are good to go!
9. Getting out ink stains. This could be one of the oldest things that people hairspray is used for. All you need to do is spray hairspray on the stain and then you wait for it to come out! It works on all surfaces!
About the Author
Jesse Marsh is a writer for MyCollegesandCareers.com. My Colleges and Careers will help you if you are seeking the best online universities to get the education that you really want.
Did you know that you can sign up to get new posts by email? Sure, you could always bookmark Nest Expressed and check back every once in a while, but that’s a whole lot of effort. Be lazy, sign up!
One thought on “Guest Expressed: “Hairspray Isn’t Just for Hair: 9 Ways to Use Hairspray””
It’s good to see this website is promoting the use of hairspray as something to defend yourself with. You can get in serious trouble for aiming any form of aerosol at a person. They are hazardous and are known to kill people quite easily. This is stupid, and anyway nobody is afraid of a can of hair spray, it wouldn’t help you it would most likely provoke an attacker even more!