Today for something a little different. Tara will explore the subject of tacky t-shirt slogans, for better or for worse. Mostly for worse. Enter Tara:
Love them or hate them, tacky tourist t-shirts are something that travellers simply cannot resist. It’s the really bad ones (or good ones) that often catch our attention, with country tourism slogans even making an appearance on various tourist t-shirts.
When you live in a country that once had the tourism slogan, “Where The Bloody Hell Are You?”, it’s easy to understand why. For some of the best (and worst) tacky t-shirts of all time, check out our intriguing list below.
”What Happens in Roswell… Didn’t Happen”
– One of the most tacky, yet wonderful, tourist slogans of all time would have to be for the travellers to New Mexico, who can pick up their very own “What Happens in Roswell… Didn’t happen” t-shirt.
”Idaho, Great Potatoes, Tasty Destinations”
– I guess if you really like potatoes, then the tourism plot of Idaho has really paid off – and if you don’t, well then don’t go to Idaho.
”With Love, Philadelphia”
– It’s not your usual t-shirt slogan, but this state’s tourism saying has found its way onto many tacky tourist t-shirts all across the country.
”I heart NYC”
– Whether you love it or hate it, the “I ‘heart’ NYC” tourist t-shirt is one of the most infamous designs, all throughout the globe. One of the best slogans, people who have never even travelled to NYC wear this shirt, simply as a fashion statement.
”Put us out of your Missouri”
– Whoever came up with this oh-so-tacky t-shirt slogan obviously likes a little play on words.
”I’m not a Tourist… I Live Here”
– If you’re lucky to live in a popular tourist destination across the country, you’ll most likely know what it’s like to be mistaken for a holidaymaker. Next time you head down to the beach, pop on this tacky shirt to avoid confusion.
– While it may not be a slogan per say, Aussie’s can tell anyone whose recently travelled to Bali by the “Bintang” t-shirt that they wear religiously.
”Hawaii Surf Paradise”
– Definitely not tacky, but one of the best tourist t-shirts around. If you want to ensure that visitors return to your tropical island paradise, why not just state the most obvious reason? Beautiful beaches and breathtaking waves – what more could you want.
– It’s clear to see that tacky t-shirt slogans just wouldn’t be complete without a play on words from some very smart folks around the world.
”Slogans are Tacky”
– If all else fails, why not just state the obvious and save yourself some time!
If you’re tired of looking a tacky tourist shirt after tacky tourist shirt, why not create a holiday t-shirt design of your own? Upload your own images and maybe you’ll even make this list next time!
It was almost as good as dream comes true for Tara when she got an offer as a full-time writer three years ago. Tara loves to share her passion on anything to do with DIY art and craft as well as t shirt design. When Tara is not writing you will most probably find her at her local yoga studio coaching fellow yogis.